Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Step of Faith

After resigning from my full-time job of 9 years last October, I decided to give telecommuting a try.  I recently signed up at both oDesk (private) and Elance, and I've read various articles on the subject that were mentioned by AllFreelanceWork, and Workaholics4hire, and other similar sites.  

I specialize in various administrative support functions such as data entry, audio transcription, and internet/blog research.  I am also attending medical transcription classes every afternoon so I can further improve my skills.

Why do I want to work from home?  I simply want to seek opportunities for continuous learning at my own pace and, of course, make use of my God-given talents and skills so I can help my family and continue to provide for the child I am sponsoring through World Vision.  I also would like to build my own home-based business in the future so I can help more people.  I realize telecommuting is not easy, but for me, it is simply one way of using one's talents to help others by providing good quality service which, in turn, will help bless others.  

If you know of any helpful articles regarding this subject or of any individual or company, esp. Christian authors or mission organizations, who may want to avail of my service, please do let me know.  

This is a brand new adventure for me and it is my prayer that God will lead me through all of WAH life's ups and downs and extend His hand of blessing with every service that I provide, and...

May God shower His blessings upon YOU this new year and always!

1 comment:

Gem said...

Hello Margie!

I am glad to meet you in oDesk. You're actually one of the people I met online. I decided to get less active in forums already, I drop in every now and then. But I am still earning from oDesk.

I see you started some blogs. That's really good. Blogs had also provided me good income online.

I got an Elance account too, but I still find oDesk an easier way for the find jobs - because of their 20 job quota limit.

About Me

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Christian freelancer (general, podcast, business, and medical transcriptionist/data entry pro/web researcher/virtual assistant); World Vision volunteer :D