Sunday, October 18, 2009

Solace and Love

Come, grieving child,
let me a mother be,
your tears, your agony of soul
are known to me.
Such pain
no heart should have to bear alone,
Come close
and let me make your grief my own.

How well I know
a mother's pain of loss!
I watched my own Son die
upon the Cross.
No hymn sublime,
No earthly work of art
Can tell of empty arms and broken heart.

But, oh, my child,
His dying words ring true:
"Forgive them,
for they know not what they do."
Those outstretched arms
forevermore embrace
repentant souls
that seek His saving grace.

Go then to Jesus
and be reconciled,
Tell Him your grief
for your aborted child.
Open to Him your heart,
you inmost soul,
He yearns for you
and longs to make you whole.

Place in His heart
your guilt, your pain, your fears,
and let His gentle hand
dry all your tears.
Hear His absolving words
and, through His Blood,
find pardon, peace,
and everlasting love.

Forgiven by God,
forgive yourself, then, too,
Your precious child
forgives you and waits for you.
yesm til the day
you see her face to face,
I'll keep your baby safe
in my embrace.


Source: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/2623/me.html

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Christian freelancer (general, podcast, business, and medical transcriptionist/data entry pro/web researcher/virtual assistant); World Vision volunteer :D